The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand the workaround for Paid Holidays/Public Holidays as we currently do not have the feature to facilitate this.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
Paid holidays are any form of paid time off, such as a government-declared holiday, maternity leave, or sick time off. Employees are eligible to receive holiday pay as soon as they become employees.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to use the workaround for paid holidays.
- If you have a Supervisor level access, you’ll have to ask for help from your Manager to avail access to your steps.
For Step 4 and 5: You must have a manager/admin and supervisor access privileges to assign different positions under employee assignment and assign hourly wage rate under the Payroll tab.
- If you have a Scheduler level access, you’ll have to ask for help from your Manager and Supervisor to avail access to your steps.
For Step 6: You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to create shifts.
Step 1: Click ‘Staff’ module from the top-panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on ‘Locations & Positions’ tab from the top as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Create a 'Position' named 'Holidays', 'Christmas' or anything else you require as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Assign this position to all your staff by going under ‘Employees’ tab > Drop-down > Employee Assignment as shown in Image 4.
For more information about assigning the same position to staff in bulk (applicable in this case), go to ‘Assign Different Positions in Bulk.’
Step 5: Add the hourly rate to the ‘Holiday’ position under the employee's Profile > ‘Payroll’ tab as shown in Image 5.
For more information about assigning the hourly rate under the payroll tab (applicable in this case), go to ‘Staff Profile - Payroll.’
Step 6: Move to 'ShiftPlanning' tab and create a shift for a holiday position as shown in Image 6.
For more information about creating shifts (applicable in this case), go to ‘Creating Shifts.’
- You can also add clock time for the same position or have employees clocked in and clocked out on Christmas/Holiday position.
- To notify your employees you need to publish the shifts.
That's it, you will be able to view the calculation under ‘Payroll Report’ as shown in Image 7.
For more information about how to to view the calculation under Payroll Report, go to 'Scheduled Hours' Report.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!