The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create and delete position-based break rule used for paid or unpaid breaks.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers/Admin
Break rules are set per position enabling managers to get the exact working hours that need to be paid. These rules can be set differently for each Position and with different time parameters.
Once break times are set up, they are automatically applied to the schedule reports and timesheets allowing data to be accurately used in payroll processing.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to create and delete position-based break rules used for paid or unpaid breaks.
- You can add multiple break rules according to your business requirements.
- You cannot edit once created or restore the break rules once deleted.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Add Position-Based Break Rule
- Meaning of Inclusive Minimum and Maximum Times
- Delete a Position-Based Break Rule
Add Position-Based Break Rule
Step 1: Go to Staff module and click on Locations & Positions, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on Create Break Rules tab, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Define all the below details > Save the information with Add break rule button, as shown in Image 3.
- Select or type minimum and maximum working time
- Select the break length
- Choose whether it is a paid break or not
- Check/Uncheck the box of Inclusive minimum and maximum times
Close the box once you have created the break rule.
Meaning of Inclusive Minimum and Maximum Times
- If Inclusive Minimum and Maximum Times box is checked: Break will be applied to shifts having total time equal to or greater than the minimum time of the break and equal to or less than the maximum time of the break rule.
Shift length >= minimum and shift length <= maximum
2. If Inclusive Minimum and Maximum box is unchecked: Break will be applied to shifts having total time greater than the minimum time of the break and less than the maximum time of the break rule.
shift length > minimum and shift length < maximum
Delete a Position-Based Break Rule
Step 1: Click on Manage Break Rules tab, as shown in Image 4.
Step 2: Click Delete > Confirm with OK, as shown in Image 5.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.