The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create, edit, or delete a position.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers/Admin
Positions are the job titles or roles you assign to your staff. However, the names of the position can vary depending on the nature of your business, learn how to create a position.
Positions may be:
- Departments such as Sales, Marketing, Finance
- Job Roles such as Cook and Cashier
- Titles such as Neurologist, Head Nurse
- Tasks such as Data Entry
- Skills such as Technician, Lab Assistant
- Events such as a Training, Board Meeting
- Holidays such as Christmas
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to create a position.
- You can enable /disable the notifications and visibility per positions as well as customize the color code of the positions so that it is easy to visualize where different shifts are organized.
- You can create break rules and associate skill to a specific position.
- You can restore a deleted position.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Create a Position
- Edit a Position
- Delete a Position
Create a Position
Step 1: Go to Staff module and click on Locations & Positions, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on the Add New Position tab under the location > Enter a position name in the pop-up message > Confirm with OK, as shown in Image 2.
Step 1: Click on the existing name of the positions to edit it, as shown in Image 3.
Delete a Position
Step 1: Click on the Cross icon next to the position you wish to delete, confirm with OK, as shown in Image 4.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.