The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create, delete or restore positions.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
Positions are the job titles or roles you assign to your staff. However, the names of the position can vary depending on the nature of your business, learn how to create, delete or restore positions.
Positions may be:
- Departments such as Sales, Marketing, Finance
- Job Roles such as Cook and Cashier
- Titles such as Neurologist, Head Nurse
- Tasks such as Data Entry
- Skills such as Technician, Lab Assistant
- Events such as a Training, Board Meeting
- Holidays such as Christmas
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to create, delete or restore positions.
- You can enable /disable the notifications and visibility per positions as well as customize colour code of the positions so that it is easy to visualize where different shifts are organized.
- You can restore a deleted position.
- You can create break rules and associate skill to a specific position.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Create a Position
- Delete a Position
- Restore a Position
Create a Position
Step 1: Click ‘Staff’ module from the top-panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on ‘Locations & Positions’ tab from the top as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Add New Position’ tab under each location as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Enter a position name in the pop-up message as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Click ‘OK’ as shown in Image 5.
That’s it, a position will be created.
Delete a Position
Step 1: Click on the cross icon next to the position you wish to delete as shown in Image 6.
Step 2: Click ‘OK’ from the pop-up message as shown in Image 7.
That’s it, a position will be deleted.
Restore a Position
Step 1: Click ‘Move Positions’ as shown in Image 8.
Step 2: You will be able to view the deleted positions under ‘Deleted Positions’ tab and drag the position to an existing active location for restoring it as shown in Image 9.
- You can also create a new location to drag and restore the position in it.
- Once restored; it will restore any shifts that were on that 'Position'.
Step 3: Click ‘Finished’ as shown in Image 10.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!