The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to add employees manually, using the detailed form or in a bulk using a .csv or .xlsx file.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
You can quickly add or import multiple employees to Humanity either manually or by using detailed form, .csv or .xlsx sheet.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisors and schedulers access privileges in Humanity to add employees.
- Schedulers can only add employees manually and not assigned positions to them.
- To import employees in .csv or .xlsx form, you must use the accepted form.
- You can also add custom fields via .csv or .xlsx import. Just match your column title with a "Custom Field". If a custom field does not exist, a new custom field will be created, and its value will be added to an employee's account. The number of custom fields is not limited.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Add Employees Manually
- Add Employees Using Detailed Form
- Import Employees via .csv or .xlsx file
Add Employees Manually
Step 1: Click ‘Staff’ module from the top-panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click ‘Add Employees’ tab as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Add details in the boxes as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click ‘Save Employees’ tab as shown in Image 4.
Add Employees Using Detailed Form
Step 1: Click ‘Staff’ module from the top-panel as shown in Image 5.
Step 2: Click ‘Add Employees’ tab as shown in Image 6.
Step 3: Click ‘Detailed Form’ tab if you want to add detailed information for your staff while adding them as shown in Image 7.
Note: There are two types of mode (simple or detailed), you can add details as per your requirements as shown in Image 8.
Step 4: Check ‘Send Activation’ as shown in Image 9. (Optional)
- If this box is checked and an account is set up with an e-mail address a welcome e-mail will be sent to this employee with their login instructions.
- If this box is left unchecked, they will be silently added to the system and can be sent their activation email or given their login details at any time later.
Step 5: Either click ‘Create Employee’ or ‘Create Employee & Add Another’ tab as shown in Image 10.
Import Employees via .csv or .xlsx File
Step 1: Click ‘Staff’ module from the top-panel as shown in Image 11.
Step 2: Click ‘Add Employees’ tab as shown in Image 12.
Step 3: Click ‘Import .csv or .xlsx’ if you want to import your staff information in bulk as shown in Image 13.
Note: Must create the file in the accepted format given as shown in Image 14.
Step 4: Click ‘Choose File’ tab to select the file you want to use to import employees as shown in Image 15.
Step 5: Click ‘Import File’ tab to import your staff details as shown in Image 16.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!