The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to edit or update a recurring shift if some modification is required for your staff.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees with Scheduler Permission
A recurring shift can be updated/modified anytime later when a change is required. You can change start/end time and date, notes, title, breaks or employee assignment and a lot more.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a Manager/Admin, Supervisor, Scheduler or Employee with Scheduler permission access privileges to create, update or delete recurring shift.
- You can navigate the schedule to different dates by clicking the arrows found at top mid of the app.
- You can navigate the schedule to different views by selecting the timeline views.
Update Recurring Shift
Step 1: Click 'ShiftPlanning' tab from the top-panel, select the filter(s) from the left-hand side as per your business requirement, go to your shift of interest and click on it to open the shift edit window as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on the existing shift parameters to update them as shown in Image 2.
Note: We have updated 'Title', Start/End 'Time' and Notes, however, you can update any thing according to your business requirement from the following options as shown in Image 3.
Step 3: Click 'Repeats' tab after editing the shift parameters and check the boxes next to the options for which changes are made under 'With' field as shown in Image 4.
Step 4: Under the ‘Update’ field, select the way you want to update the shift as shown in Image 5 with the following options:
- All future shifts in this series.
- All Shifts in this series.
- This Shift back to the original
Step 5: Click 'Update Series' tab as shown in Image 6.
Step 6: Click 'Save & Close' as shown in Image 7.
Note: The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift individually or ‘Publish’ the schedule.
For more information about publishing the shift or schedule, go to ‘Publish Schedule.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!