The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create a recurring shift for your staff.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees with Scheduler Permission
The ability to set recurring shifts greatly speeds up the scheduling process. Although it is optional, you can create a recurring shift and have them repeated for the 'n' number of times in future.
Shift breaks will be auto-assigned to the shift under 'Manage Breaks' tab, if settings are enabled against location-based break rule and you have applied the break rule next to the location where the shift is created.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a Manager/Admin, Supervisor, Scheduler or Employee with Scheduler permission access privileges to create, update or delete recurring shift.
- You can navigate the schedule to different dates by clicking the arrows found at top mid of the app.
- You can navigate the schedule to different views by selecting the timeline views.
Create Recurring Shift
Step 1: Click 'ShiftPlanning' tab from the top-panel, select the filter(s) from the left-hand side as per your business requirement, create a new shift or go to your shift of interest and click on it to open the shift edit window as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click ‘Repeat Options ‘ as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click ‘Select Frequency’ drop-down menu and choose the frequency to create the recurring series as shown in Image 3.
Note: In this article, the custom cycle is selected to create a recurring series; however, you can select any other type/frequency according to your business requirement.
For more information about different types of recurring series, go to ‘Types of Recurring Series.’
Step 4: Select ending date until you want the shift to be repeated under 'Until' field as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Select either ‘Shift Time Only’ or ‘With Employees’ options to create the recurring series as shown in Image 5.
- Shift Time Only: A series of empty shifts will be created so you can assign it to staff later.
- With Employees: The shift will be set to recur in the future with the current shift's staff assignment.
Step 6: Click ‘Set to Repeat!’ as shown in Image 6.
Step 7: Click 'Save & Close' as shown in Image 7.
That’s it a recurring shift will be generated.
Note: The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift individually or ‘Publish’ the schedule.
For more information about publishing the shift or schedule, go to ‘Publish Schedule.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!