The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to edit/update, remove an existing shift break or add a new shift break in recurring series.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees with Scheduler Permission
A repeating shift series can be updated/modified anytime later when a change is required.
Edit, Remove or Add 'Shift Breaks' in recurring series anytime later when a change is required. Let's look in detail how to edit/update, remove or add shift breaks in recurring series.
You can also change start/end time and date, notes, title, breaks or employee assignment and a lot more.
For more information about editing shift parameters in recurring series, go to ‘Edit a Recurring Shift.'
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a Manager/Admin, Supervisor, Scheduler or Employee with Scheduler permission access privileges to create a recurring shift.
- Enable location-based break rules to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks' must be enabled under 'Settings' module.
- The 'Break Rule' must be applied to the Location where the shift is created if you want shift breaks to be auto-assigned.
- If breaks are not compliant with the break rule, break conflicts will pop-up.
- If you want to create customize schedule shift breaks, you must not add break rule next to the location.
Edit/Update, Remove or Add Shift Breaks in Recurring Series
Step 1: Click 'ShiftPlanning' module, select the filters from left-hand side according to your business requirement and go to your desired shift, click on it to open shift edit window as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click 'Manage Breaks' tab to update the current break details or add a new break as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click on the existing scheduled breaks on the timeline > "Edit Time, Duration, Break Type" as per your need and click 'Edit Break' tab > or click 'Remove' tab if you want to delete the break as shown in Image 3.
You can also add a break time, simply hover your mouse on the timeline, you will see '+' icon, click on it and add the shift break; "Add Time, Duration and Break Type" and click 'Save' as shown in Image 4.
Step 4: Click 'Save Changes' tab as shown in Image 5.
Step 5: Click 'Repeats' tab and check the boxes next to 'Current Shift Breaks' under 'With' field as shown in Image 6.
Note: The options 'Start/End Time' and 'Scheduled Employees' will be selected automatically and cannot be turned off while “Current Shift Breaks” is turned on.
Step 6: Under the ‘Update’ field, select the way you want to update the shift as shown in Image 7 with the following options:
- All future shifts in this series.
- All Shifts in this series.
- This Shift back to the original
Step 7: Click 'Update Series' tab as shown in Image 8.
Step 8: Click 'Save & Close' as shown in Image 9.
Important Note: The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift individually or ‘Publish’ the schedule.
For more information about publishing the shift or schedule, go to ‘Publish Schedule.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!