The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to edit shift breaks, while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees with Schedulers Permissions.
Change time for shift breaks by editing (if needed) that you scheduled your staff for keeping your staff members organized.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a Manager/Admin, Supervisor, Scheduler or Employee with scheduler permission account privileges to edit shift breaks.
- 'Enable location-based break rules to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks' must be enabled under 'Settings' module.
- The 'Break Rule' must be applied to the Location where the shift is created if you want shift breaks to be auto-assigned.
- If breaks are not compliant with the break rule, break conflicts will pop-up.
- If you want to create customize schedule shift breaks, you must not add break rule next to the location.
- Break conflicts must be enabled under 'Conflicts' tab from 'Settings' module.
- Position break rules will not be accessible if you have applied location-based break rules.
- If you want to use 'Break' feature with 'Time Clock', using position break rules is recommended.
Edit Shift Breaks
Step 1: Click 'ShiftPlanning' module from the top-panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Either click on the existing shift or create a new shift as shown in Image 2.
Note: Employee must be assigned to the shift to view shift break details.
Step 3: Click 'Manage Breaks' tab to view scheduled shift breaks as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click on the existing scheduled break on the timeline, Edit Time, Duration, Break Type as per your need and click 'Edit Break' tab as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Click 'Save Changes' tab as shown in Image 5.
Note: The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift individually or ‘Publish’ the schedule.
For more information about publishing the shift or schedule, go to ‘Publish Schedule.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!