The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to view and manage (view, edit, delete or add) shift breaks, while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees with Schedulers Permissions.
- Manage shift breaks which will keep your staff members organized and will make it easy for managers to make sure that their employees are not all taking breaks at the same time.
- View shift breaks, change time for shift breaks by editing (if needed) that you scheduled your staff or add a shift break for keeping your staff members organized.
- You can also either delete or clear shift breaks within each created shift.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a Manager/Admin, Supervisor, Scheduler or Employee with scheduler permission account privileges to schedule shift breaks.
- 'Enable location-based break rules to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks' must be enabled under 'Settings' module.
- The 'Break Rule' must be applied to the Location where the shift is created if you want shift breaks to be auto-assigned.
- If breaks are not compliant with the break rule, break conflicts will pop-up.
- If you want to create customize schedule shift breaks, you must not add break rule next to the location.
- Position break rules will not be accessible if you have applied location-based break rules.
- If you want to use 'Break' feature with 'Time Clock', using position break rules is recommended.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- View Break Details
- View Break Details under Shift in Day View
- Edit an Existing Shift Break
- Delete a Shift Break
- Clear Shift Breaks
- Add a Shift Break
View Break Details
The first step will be the same for performing the actions i.e. edit, delete, clear or add breaks.
Step 1: Click 'ShiftPlanning' module from the top-panel > Either click on the existing shift or create a new shift > Click 'Manage Breaks' tab to view scheduled shift breaks as shown in Image 1.
Note: Employee must be assigned to the shift to view shift break details.
View and Manage Break Details under Shift in Day View
Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers can view the break details under scheduled shifts in Day View and can easily open the 'Shift Edit Window' to modify start/end time as necessary to avoid the overlap as shown in Image 2.
Edit an Existing Shift Break
Click on the existing scheduled break on the timeline, Edit Time, Duration, Break Type as per your need and click 'Edit Break' tab > Click 'Save Changes' tab as shown in Image 3.
Delete a Shift Break
Click on the existing scheduled break on the timeline and click 'Remove tab' > Click 'Save Changes' tab as shown in Image 4.
Clear Shift Breaks
Step 2: Click 'Clear Breaks' tab as shown in Image 5.
Step 3: Click ' Clear Breaks' from the pop-up message box as shown in Image 6.
Step 4: Click 'Save Changes' tab as shown in Image 7.
Add a Shift Break
Hover over your mouse to see '+' icon and click on the timeline where you wish to add the break; Add Time, Duration and Break Type > Click 'Save' tab > Click 'Save Changes' tab as shown in Image 8.
Note: The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift individually or ‘Publish’ the schedule.
For more information about publishing the shift or schedule, go to ‘Publish Schedule.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!