The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to add location based break rule.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
Humanity introduced break rules on the location level. These break rules are compliant with local and state laws—such as California, Washington, and Oregon meal breaks — or represent a general break rule (ex. a 30-minute unpaid break for every five hours of work).
The break rule is applied next to the appropriate business location. These rules are created to assist in maintaining compliance and cannot be edited as they are set per location.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to apply location-based break rules.
- 'Enable location-based break rules to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks' must be enabled under 'Settings' module.
- The 'Break Rule' must be applied to the Location where the shift is created if you want shift breaks to be auto-assigned.
- If breaks are not compliant with the break rule, break conflicts will pop-up.
- If you want to create customize schedule shift breaks, you must not add break rule next to the location.
- Position break rules will not be accessible if you have applied location-based break rules.
- If you want to use 'Break' feature with 'Time Clock', using position break rules is recommended.
Add Location-Based Break Rules
Step 1: Click the 'Staff' module from the top-panel > Click 'Locations & Positions' tab from the top > Select the 'Break Rule' according to your business requirement from the drop-down next to any location as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click 'Break Rules' tab as shown in Image 2 to learn details about the break rules (if needed) to help you select the relevant break rule to be applied on the location.
View and Manage Break Details under Shift in Day View
Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers can view the break details under scheduled shifts in Day View and can easily open the 'Shift Edit Window' to modify start/end time as necessary to avoid the overlap as shown in Image 3.
- Shifts created on that location will be updated to accommodate the selected break rule; once the update is completed, you will receive an email confirmation.
- All future shifts will adhere to the new break rule, starting from the current day.
- You can apply break rules to any other locations as per your business requirement.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!