The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to view shift break conflicts on an iOS device while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
Access from your: iOS device
Applies to: Admin/Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
The break rules conflict helps the schedulers to be compliant when managing breaks in the schedule. Any time a user acts 'against' the break rule, they will be notified about the conflict.
If breaks are not compliant with the break rule, break conflicts are shown in two ways:
- The yellow stripe on the top of the break screen will appear.
- The yellow exclamation icon appears next to the name of the employee who is affected by the conflict.
If there are no warnings, that means that all breaks are in line with the break rule (default state).
Things to know before you begin:
- 'Enable location-based break rules to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks' must be enabled under 'Settings' module.
- Break conflicts must be enabled under 'Conflicts' tab from 'Settings' module.
- The 'Break Rule' must be applied to the Location where the shift is created if you want shift breaks to be auto-assigned.
- If breaks are not compliant with the break rule, break conflicts will pop-up.
- If you want to create customize schedule shift breaks, you must not add break rule next to the location.
View Shift Break Conflicts
Step 1: Tap 'ShiftPlanning' tab > Tap 'All' tab view > Tap on the shift to view the details as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Tap 'Edit' tab from the top right-corner > Scroll down and tap 'Breaks' tab, it will redirect you to the next page where you will be able to view the conflicts as shown in Image 2.
The yellow stripe on the top shows that scheduled breaks are not in line with the break rule as shown in Image 3.
Tap the yellow exclamation icon to get detailed information about the conflict(s) as shown in Image 4.
You can simply resolve the conflicts by editing the shift breaks.
For more information about editing the shift breaks, go to 'Manage Shift Breaks.'
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!