The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to view and manage shift breaks on your iOS device, while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
Access from your: iPhone or iPad
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees with Schedulers Permissions.
View and manage shift breaks on your iOS device for your staff, while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a Manager/Admin, Supervisor or Scheduler account privileges to manage shift break rules.
- 'Enable location-based break rules to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks' must be enabled under 'Settings' module.
- The 'Break Rule' must be applied to the Location where the shift is created if you want shift breaks to be auto-assigned.
- If breaks are not compliant with the break rule, break conflicts will pop-up.
- If you want to create customize schedule shift breaks, you must not add break rule next to the location.
- Position break rules will not be accessible if you have applied location-based break rules.
- If you want to use 'Break' feature with 'Time Clock', using position break rules is recommended.
- You must have updated application on your device i.e. (version 1.9).
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- View Shift Break Details
- Edit an Existing Shift Break
- Delete a Shift Break
- Add a Shift Break
Schedule Shift Breaks
The first three steps will be same for performing the actions i.e. view, edit, delete or add breaks.
Step 1: Tap 'Humanity' to open the application as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Add your username and password to log in as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Tap 'ShiftPlanning' module as shown in Image 3.
View Shift Break Details
Step 1: Tap on the Shift to view the break details as shown in Image 4.
Edit an Existing Shift Break
Step 1: Tap 'Edit' from top right as shown in Image 5.
Step 2: Tap 'Breaks' as shown in Image 6.
Step 3: Tap on the existing information to edit it according to your requirements as shown in Image 7.
Note: You will have to tap 'Save' after every change you make as shown in Image 8.
Delete a Shift Break
Step 1: Tap on the existing break detail which you wish to delete, and tap 'Delete' as shown in Image 9 to delete it.
Add a Shift Break
Step 1: Tap '+' icon to add a break, add the additional related details and tap 'Save' as shown in Image 10.
Note: The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift individually or ‘Publish’ the schedule.
For more information about publishing the shift or schedule, go to ‘Publish Schedule.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!