The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create an empty shift.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
An empty shift is a shift that is not assigned to any employee. You can assign an employee once you are sure who to assign the shift to and publish it to notify your employee(s).
You will be able to view the empty shifts under employee view next to 'Empty Shifts' row.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to create an empty shift.
- You can create an empty shift under position and visual view only.
- You can navigate the schedule to different dates by clicking the arrows found at top mid of the app.
- You will be able to view the empty shifts under employee view next to 'Empty Shifts' row.
Create an Empty Shift
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ tab from the top panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Select ‘Position View’ as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click ‘Schedule Overview’ from the left-hand side filter panel as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Create a shift without assigning an employee to the shift as shown in Image 4.
- You can assign the employee once you are sure who to assign the shift to and once you assign an employee, it won’t be an empty shift.
- The eligible staff won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift individually or ‘Publish’ the schedule.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!