The objective of this article is to help you understand how to enable ‘GPS’ settings to track the distance between the captured and desired time clock locations and restrict the parameters for your staff to clock in and out.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Manager
If you want to track the distance between the captured and desired time clock locations and restrict the parameters for your staff to clock in and out, learn how to enable the settings for it.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager access privileges in Humanity to enable GPS settings.
- 'Time Clock module must be enabled' is a pre-requisite setting to view all the related settings of time clock.
- Geo-fencing must be enabled through Humanity' support to view GPS settings under 'Settings' module.
- You must allow access to your location from your device for GPS.
- ‘Require GPS data when clock in & out’ is a pre-requisite to the other two settings which are ‘Allow clocking in and out when GPS is unavailable’ and ‘Maximum distance when clocking in or out.’
- Geo-fencing is not applicable on time clock terminals or Humanity Station app.
For more information about Geo-fencing, go to 'GPS distance from Time Clock Location'
Settings to Enable GPS
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Time Clock' tab from the left-hand side as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Check the box next to ‘Require GPS data when clock in & out’ or define the options related to GPS settings under 'Time Clock Settings' section > Click 'Save Settings' from the top-right or bottom-left as shown in Image 2.
- Maximum distance when clocking In/Out: If distance is selected from the drop-down, you will be restricting the parameters for your staff and they must be within that certain distance of the shift location to clock in or out.
- Allow clocking in and out when GPS is unavailable
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!