The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to make it mandatory for your staff to use the webcam functionality as a bio-metric time clock in Humanity.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
If you want your employees to use a webcam while clocking in and out, learn how to give them the access to do that. Once you enable this and the employee tries to clock in/out without webcam, the system would give an error.
Also, learn how to manage options related to webcam clock in/out settings.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to enable webcam settings for your staff.
- 'Time Clock module must be enabled' is a pre-requisite setting to view all the related settings of time clock.
- ‘Employees must use webcam when they clock in & out’ is a pre-requisite setting to ‘Allow employees on mobile app to clock in & out if camera isn't available’ and ‘Webcam resolution.’
- To use this functionality the webcam and the Adobe Flash player must be installed.
Webcam Clocking In/Out Settings
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Time Clock' tab from the left-hand side as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Check the box next to ‘Employees must use webcam when they clock in & out’ or options related to webcam settings under 'Time Clock Settings' section > Click 'Save Settings' from the top-right or bottom-left as shown in Image 2.
- Allow employees on mobile app to clock in & out if camera isn't available
- Webcam resolution
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!