The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to make it mandatory for your staff to use the webcam functionality as a bio-metric time clock in Humanity.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
If you want your employees to use a webcam while clocking in and out, learn how to set it up and manage related settings. Once the setting is enabled, the system would give an error if an employee tries to clock in/out without a webcam.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to enable webcam settings for your staff.
- 'Time Clock module must be enabled' is a pre-requisite setting to view all the related settings of time clock.
- ‘Employees must use a webcam when they clock in & out’ is a pre-requisite setting to ‘Allow employees on the mobile app to clock in & out if camera isn't available’ and ‘Webcam resolution.’
- To use this functionality the webcam and the Adobe Flash Player must be installed.
Webcam Clocking In/Out Settings
Step 1: Go to Settings Module using the gear icon at the top-right > Select Time Clock tab from the left-hand side > Click Advanced Settings tab from the top, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Under Time Clock Settings section > Check the box next to ‘Employees must use webcam when they clock in & out’ or options related to webcam settings > Click Save Settings from the top-right or bottom-left, as shown in Image 2.
- Allow employees on mobile app to clock in & out if camera isn't available
- Webcam resolution
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.