The objective of this tutorial is to understand how the GPS distance tracks the distance between the captured and desired time clock locations of your employees.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, and Schedulers
The Humanity Time clock module gives managers the ability to see exactly, from where staff members are clocking into and out of shifts by measuring and reporting GPS distances to their assigned locations.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor, or scheduler access privileges in Humanity to view the GPS distances.
- Time clock module must be enabled to utilize the Geo-fencing feature.
- GPS settings must be enabled from account settings under Time Clock module
- The location must be added correctly under the additional location or the remote sites.
- Primary locations are not supported by this feature but if you want it to work, add your primary location into additional location.
Measure the GPS Distance from Time Clock Module
Step 1: Under ‘Time Clock' Module from the top bar > Click ‘Manage Time Sheets' from the left-hand side panel, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Hover over the mouse at the GPS icon located next to the time clock times, as shown in Image 3, to view the exact distance from the Timeclock location.
Note: The location icon can appear in three different colors (green, red, and grey) with different descriptions.
Red: It means the recorded location is outside the maximum radius of the desired location.
Green: It means the recorded location is within a maximum radius of the desired location.
Note: Managers will see the distance when hovering over the GPS icon and can click on it to head over to a new screen where the distance is shown with a pin in Google Maps.
Grey: It means that the location's address has not been entered correctly.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.