The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to set up and manage your handheld devices into the Fixed Time Clock Stations for your employees.
Access from your: Android Tablet
Applies to: Managers
Humanity Station can be created at any handheld device provided I-pad or tablet. It can be set up to either list all the employees in a company or to list the employees for a particular Location/Position only, to clock in/out.
Humanity Station Functionality
- 'Humanity-Station' will make use of the 'Time Clock Terminals' which are already created or which you will create from the Time Clock section of the desktop application.
- Humanity Station works with both the cookies based and IP based terminals.
- The following options from Humanity web app has no effect on the clock-in/out activities made through the Humanity station:
- Lock time-clocking to specified locations.
- Restrict employees from clocking-in/out.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privilege in Humanity to set up Humanity Station.
- 'Time Clock' module must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module.
- Time clock location and terminal must be created from the 'Time Clock Locations' section.
- Humanity Station app must be downloaded & installed on the handheld device.
Humanity Station App Availability:
The Humanity Station app is available on IOS and Android.
Download Humanity Station for your: Android device.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Humanity Station Setup for Android Tablet
- Use ID Authentication
- Start Terminal
- Edit Your Staff Time Clocks
Humanity Station Setup for Android Tablet
Step 1: Tap the Humanity station Icon to launch the newly installed application, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Log-in with your administrative credentials, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click on Select Terminal to make use of the terminal which you had created in the Humanity web application, as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Select the name of the terminal to choose from all the listed ones. The chosen Terminal will appear with a Green check-mark, as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: After selecting the Terminal, select, or deselect by sliding the Locations/positions you are looking to set up this Time Clock Station for, as shown in Image 5.
Note: Selecting the Location/Position in this section means, that; you want the application to allow all the employees to be able to clock-in/out who is assigned to work on those Locations/Positions.
Use ID Authentication
By enabling the Use ID authentication employees will be required to Clock-in using their Employee IDs instead of the passwords, as shown in Image 6.
Prerequisites for "Use ID Authentication" to work:
- The Employee ID must be added to the employee's profile by the Manager for this feature to work.
- The manager permission level needs to create a New Terminal from the Humanity web-app and make sure that the check box for "Require Password" is unchecked.
- Once the New Terminal is created, you may need to restart the Humanity Station app and select the newly created terminal which does not require the password, and hit "Start Terminal"
- The employees can see their employee IDs by clicking their profile icon from the top left corner of the screen and then clicking 'Profile' in Humanity web-app.
Step 1: Tap the Start Terminal button, to let the application list the employees so that, they can Clock-in/out using the Humanity-Station app, as shown in Image 7.
Step 2: Click your respective Profile picture to clock-in/out or to mark the Break time, as shown in Image 8.
Note: Humanity Station may require the employees to enter the password or to take the picture before they can clock-in/out depending upon the options which had selected while creating the Time Clock Terminals in the Humanity web app.
Edit Your Staff Time Clocks
Step 1: To make any changes to your staff time clocks using humanity station, tap the Gear icon from the top left side of the application, as shown in Image 9.
Step 2: Sign in with the manager permission level credentials, as shown in Image 10.
Step 3: Here you can manage the Clocked In employees by tapping Time Clocks, as shown in Image 11.
Step 4: Perform the following actions, as shown in Image 12.
- Change/select the positions for clocked-in employees.
- Edit the clock in/out times of employees.
- Add notes to the employee's timesheets.
- Force Clock-out.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.