The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to set up and manage your handheld devices into the 'Fixed Time Clock Stations' for your staff.
Access from your: iPad
Applies to: Managers
Humanity Station can be created at any handheld device provided I-pad or tablet. It can be set up to either list all the employees in a company or to list the employees for a particular Location/Position only, to clock in/out.
Humanity Station Functionality
- 'Humanity-Station' will make use of the 'Time Clock Terminals' which are already created or which you will create from the Time Clock section of the desktop application.
- Humanity Station works with both the cookies based and IP based terminals.
- The following options from Humanity web app have no effect on the clock-in/out activities made through the Humanity station:
a) Lock time-clocking to specified locations.
b) Restrict employees from clocking-in/out.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privilege in Humanity to set up Humanity Station.
- 'Time Clock' module must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module.
- Time clock location and terminal must be created under the 'Time Clock Locations' section.
- Humanity Station app must be downloaded & installed on the handheld device.
Humanity Station App Availability:
The Humanity Station app is available on iOS and Android.
Download Humanity Station for your: iOS device
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Humanity Station Setup for I-pad
- Use ID Authentication
- Start Terminal
- Edit Your Staff Time Clocks
Humanity Station Setup for I-pad
Step 1: Click Humanity station Icon to launch the newly installed application, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Log in with your administrative credentials, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click Select Terminal to make use of the terminal which you had created in the Humanity web application, as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Select the name of the terminal to choose from all the listed ones. The chosen terminal will appear, as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: After selecting the Terminal, select or deselect the Locations/positions you are looking to set up Time Clock Station for, as shown in Image 5.
Note: Selecting the Location/Position in this section means, that; you want the application to allow all the employees to be able to clock-in/out who is assigned to work on those Locations/Positions.
Use ID Authentication
By enabling Use ID authentication employees will be required to Clock-in using their Employee IDs instead of the passwords, as shown in Image 6.
Prerequisites for "Use ID Authentication" to work:
- The 'Employee ID' must be added to the employee's profile by the Manager for this feature to work.
- The manager permission level needs to create a New Terminal from the Humanity web-app and make sure that the checkbox for 'Require Password' is unchecked.
- Once the 'New Terminal' is created, you may need to restart the Humanity Station app and select the newly created terminal which does not require the password, and hit 'Start Terminal.'
- The employees can see their employee IDs by clicking their profile icon from the top right corner of the screen and then clicking 'Profile' in Humanity web-app.
Step 1: Tap the Start Terminal button, to let the application list the employees so that, they can Clock-in/out using the Humanity-Station app, as shown in Image 7.
Step 2: The employees will need to Click their Profile pictures to clock-in/out themselves or to mark the Break time, as shown in Image 8.
Note: Humanity Station may require the employees to enter the password or to take the picture before they can clock-in/out depending upon the options which had selected while creating the 'Time Clock Terminals' in the Humanity web app.
Edit Your Staff Time Clocks
Step 1: To make any changes to the setup Humanity Station, tap the Gear icon from the top right side of the application, as shown in Image 9.
Step 2: Sign in with the manager permission level credentials, as shown in Image 10.
Step 3: Here you can manage the Clocked In employees by tapping Time clocks, as shown in Image 11.
Step 4: Perform the actions listed below, as shown in Image 12.
- Force Clock-out your staff
- Change/select the positions for clocked-in employees
- Add notes to the employee timesheets
- Edit the clock in/out time of your staff
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.