The objective of this tutorial is to show you how to clock in/out using the webcam.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees
To prevent buddy-clocking and to provide an affordable biometric time-clocking device a webcam may be required for time-clocking. This in combination with the time clock locations ensures that you are both on location and whom you say you are.
Features linked to clocking in/out:
- Remote Sites
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager, supervisor, scheduler and employee access privileges in Humanity to use webcam while clocking in and out.
- ‘Time Clock’ module must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module.
- Time clock widget visibility must be enabled under ‘Manage Widgets’ for an individual account.
- To use the webcam functionality you will both need an installed webcam and the Adobe Flash player installed on your web browser.
- “Restrict Employees From Clocking In/Out” should be disabled to give access for clocking in and out to your staff.
- Break button and time clock tips must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module to give access to your staff to mark their breaks or add tips while clocking in and out.
- Managers can enable settings to make it mandatory for your staff to add notes, set position or set remote sites.
- When you are using any feature linked to clocking in/out, you must capture an image before each step.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Clock In and Out Using Webcam from Time Clock
- Clock In and Out Using Webcam from Dashboard
Clock In/Out Using Webcam from Time Clock
Step 1: Click the ‘Time Clock' Module from the top panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on ‘Capture Image' tab as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click ‘Clock in’ tab as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Either click on the notes bar to add notes or add tips as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Click the icon of remote sites or positions as shown in Image 5.
Step 6: You can use the 'Arrow' icon where you can either select/change your mid-shift 'Position' or select ‘Remote Sites’ as shown in Image 6.
Step 7: Click ‘Update’ to add the position or remote site as shown in Image 7.
Step 8: Click ‘Coffee Icon' i.e. break button where you can pause the clock to mark a break in your shift and the timeline will keep track with a visual display as shown in Image 8.
Note: It will show the time when the break started as shown in Image 9.
Step 9: Click ‘Continue Shift’ to un-mark your break after capturing another image as shown in Image 10.
Note: It will show your break on the timeline along with the total break time as shown in Image 11.
Step 10: Click on ‘Capture Image' tab again as shown in Image 12.
Step 11: Click ‘Clock out’ tab as shown in Image 13.
Note: When you are using any feature linked to clocking in/out, you must capture an image before each step.
Clock In/Out Using Webcam from Dashboard
Step 1: Click the ‘Dashboard’ module as shown in Image 14.
You can clock in and out, set position or remote site, add break or tips following the same steps explained under ‘Clocking In and Out from Time Clock’ using the time clock widget as shown in Image 15.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!