The objective of this tutorial is to show you how to clock in/out using the webcam.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers, and Employees
A webcam for time-clocking can be used to prevent buddy-clocking. It also works as an affordable biometric time-clocking device.
If used along with the time clock location feature, it also ensures that you are on the designated location.
Features linked to clocking in/out:
- Remote Sites
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager, supervisor, scheduler, and employee access privileges in Humanity to use the webcam while clocking in and out.
- ‘Time Clock’ module must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module.
- Time clock widget visibility must be enabled under ‘Manage Widgets’ for an individual account.
- To use the webcam functionality you will both need an installed webcam and the Adobe Flash Player installed on your web browser.
- “Restrict Employees From Clocking In/Out” should be disabled to give access for clocking in and out to your staff.
- Break button and time clock tips must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module to give access to your staff to mark their breaks or add tips while clocking in and out.
- Managers can enable settings to make it mandatory for your staff to add notes, set position,s or set remote sites.
- When you are using any feature linked to clocking in/out, you must capture an image before each step.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Clock In and Out Using Webcam from Time Clock
- Clock In and Out Using Webcam from Dashboard
Clock In/Out Using Webcam from Time Clock
Step 1: Click the Time Clock Module from the top panel > Go to Overview section > Click on Capture Image tab, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click Clock in tab, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Add more information to the time clock using the following options, as shown in Image 3.
- Either click on the notes bar to add notes or add tips.
- Click the icon of remote sites or positions.
- You can use the Arrow icon where you can either select/change your mid-shift Position or select Remote Sites.
- Click Update to add the position or remote site.
Step 4: Click Coffee Icon i.e. break button where you can pause the clock to mark a break in your shift and the timeline will keep track with a visual display. > Click Continue Shift to un-mark your break after capturing another image, as shown in Image 4.
Note: It will show the time when the break started, as shown in Image 5.
Step 5: Click on Capture Image tab, as shown in Image 6.
Step 6: Click Clock out tab, as shown in Image 7.
Note: When you are using any feature linked to clocking in/out, you must capture an image before each step.
Clock In/Out Using Webcam from Dashboard
Step 1: Go to Dashboard module > You can clock in and out, set position or remote site, add break or tips following the same steps explained under Clocking In and Out from Time Clock using the time clock widget, as shown in Image 8.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.