The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create/set up or delete time clock locations and terminals.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Manager & Supervisors
Management can restrict the employees to clock in and out from specific stations. There are two ways to restrict your employees from clocking in and out:
- Time Clock Locations
- Time Clock Terminals
Time Clock Locations
- Humanity allows you to set up individual time clock locations that you will use for restricting the station to specific places from where an employee can clock in/out. Locations can be created in two ways: IP and Computer-based.
- A 'Clock Locations' can be set to a computer. This method is preferred over IP address as it uses a 'COOKIE' which is stored securely on the computer.
Note: If you use this method, and 'Cookies' are ever removed a new one will need to be set.
- 'Clock Locations' can also be set up using an IP address which can mean multiple computers on the same IP, as well as can change over time if you do not have a static IP, with your ISP.
Time Clock Terminals
- Clock 'Terminals' are simplified interfaces built on top of 'Time Clock Locations' solely for the purpose of clocking in and out quickly.
- You can either choose ‘Full Employee Login’ or ‘Webcam’ option for your staff to use for clocking in/out.
- After creating the terminal, a unique URL is generated that you need to copy and browse in another tab.
- Your staff profiles will appear in either ‘List’ or ‘Gallery’ view.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisors access privileges in Humanity to add time clock locations and terminals.
- ‘Time Clock’ module must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module.
- You must enable 'Lock time-clocking to specified locations’ to restrict the stations for clocking in and out.
- If you use ‘Computer’ as a station to restrict clock in/out and 'Cookies' are ever removed a new one will need to be set up.
- You need to physically be at the desktop to restrict that computer for clocking in and out purpose.
- You must set up a time clock location to create a time clock terminal.
- If making an IP-based terminal, make sure that you have a static IP address i.e an IP address that does not change.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Setup New Time Clock Location
- Setup New Time Clock Terminal
- Delete Time Clock Location and Terminal
- Create a Shortcut for Time Clock Terminal on Desktop
Setup New Time Clock Location
Step 1: Click Time Clock module from the top panel > Click Time Clock Locations tab as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click Setup New Time Clock Location tab, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Select the required Type: this computer or IP address > Enter the Name for the time clock location and Description (optional) > Click Add Location to save details, as shown in Image 3.
Setup New Time Clock Terminal
Terminals are built on top of 'locations' so make sure you have them set up first. After setting up the time clock location, you will be able to set up a new time clock terminal following the steps below.
- Click Setup New Time Clock Terminal tab.
- Enter the Name for the time clock terminal.
- Select the respective time clock location from the drop-down next to Location for the terminal.
Either select Require Full Employee Login or Require Webcam next to Options by checking the box.
- Click Create Terminal, as shown in Image 4.
Note: If the option is disabled, the staff will be right away taken to Clock In screen.
Delete Time Clock Location and Terminal
Once you set up the time clock location and terminal, you can follow the steps below to Delete them if needed.
- Go to Time Clock module from the top panel.
- Click TimeClock Locations tab.
- Click Delete tab either next to location or terminal.
- Click OK from the pop-up message to confirm the deletion of the terminal, as shown in Image 5.
Note: Terminal needs to be deleted first if linked to the location as deleting the location first will only hide the terminal.
Create a Shortcut for Time Clock Terminal on Desktop
Copy the URL next to the created time clock terminal and paste it into the new browser window. Select the link from the URL bar and drag it onto the desktop, as shown in Image 6.
Note: Your screen should not be maximized while creating the shortcut so you may have the access to the URL bar and the desktop at the same time.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.