The objective of this tutorial is to show you a detailed overview of clocking in and out and help you understand how to clock in and out.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Manager, Supervisors, Schedulers, Employees
By clocking in and out you are making sure that you came and worked for the hours you were scheduled for.
Once you click 'Clock in' you will see the time clock 'Timeline' where you will see a timeline of your shift from clock-in to clock-out as shown in the Image below:
Employees will be able to use and have access to the information below according to the settings set by the Manager.
- Remote Site
- Coffee Icon
Additional features related to Clock-in and Clock-out:
- Capture the location of your staff when they are clocking in or out by enabling GPS.
- Allowing the employees to use a webcam when they clock in and out by enabling webcam settings.
- Lock time-clocking to specific locations using a device, IP address or terminals.
- Allowing employees to notify their managers that they have left their homes and are on their way to the job by enabling pre-clock in option.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor, scheduler and employee access privileges in Humanity to clock in and out.
- ‘Time Clock’ module must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module.
- Time clock widget visibility must be enabled under ‘Manage Widgets’ for an individual account.
- “Restrict Employees From Clocking In/Out” should be disabled to give access for clocking in and out to your staff.
- Break button and timeclock tips must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module to give access to your staff to mark their breaks or add tips while clocking in and out.
- Managers can enable settings to make it mandatory for your staff to add notes, set position or set remote sites.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Clock In and Out from Time Clock
- Clock In and Out from Dashboard
Clock In and Out from Time Clock
Step 1: Click ‘Time Clock’ module as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click the ‘Overview’ tab from the left-hand side as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click ‘Clock in’ tab once the shift begins and the active clock will start as shown in Image 3.
Note: At the top, you will be able to view the date and time and below that, you can see your 'Total Hours' thus far clocked in as shown in Image 4.
Step 4: Either click on the notes bar to add notes or add tips as shown in Image 5.
Step 5: Click the icon of remote sites or positions as shown in Image 6.
Step 6: You can use the 'Arrow' icon where you can either select/change your mid-shift 'Position' or select ‘Remote Sites’ as shown in Image 7.
Step 7: Click ‘Update’ to add the position or remote site as shown in Image 8.
Step 8: Click ‘Coffee Icon' i.e. break button where you can pause the clock to mark a break in your shift and the timeline will keep track with a visual display as shown in Image 9.
Note: It will show the time when the break started as shown in Image 10.
Step 9: Click ‘Continue Shift’ to un-mark your break as shown in Image 11.
Note: It will show your break on the timeline along with the total break time as shown in Image 12.
Step 10: Click ‘Clock out’ tab once the shift ends as shown in Image 13.
Clock In and Out from Dashboard
Step 1: Click the ‘Dashboard’ module as shown in Image 14.
You can clock in and out, set position or remote site, add break or tips following the same steps explained under ‘Clocking In and Out from Time Clock’ using the time clock widget as shown in Image 15.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!