The objective of this tutorial is to show you a detailed overview of clocking in and out and help you understand how to clock in and out.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Manager, Supervisors, Schedulers, and Employees
By clocking in and out you are making sure that you came and worked for the hours you were scheduled for.
Upon clocking-in, a Timeline will appear that shows the total duration of time since you have clocked in.
Employees will be able to use and have access to the information below according to the settings set by the Manager.
- Remote Site
- Coffee Icon
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor, scheduler, and employee access privileges in Humanity to clock in and out.
- ‘Time Clock’ module must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module.
- Time clock widget visibility must be enabled under ‘Manage Widgets’ for an individual account.
- “Restrict Employees From Clocking In/Out” should be disabled to give access for clocking in and out to your staff.
- Break button and timeclock tips must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module to give access to your staff to mark their breaks or add tips while clocking in and out.
- Managers can enable settings to make it mandatory for your staff to add notes, set position,s or set remote sites.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Clock In and Out from Time Clock
- Clock In and Out from Dashboard
Clock In and Out from Time Clock
Step 1: Go to Time Clock module from the top panel > Under the Overview tab from the left-hand side > Click Clock in tab once the shift begins, as shown in Image 1.
Note: At the top, you will be able to view the date and time and below that, you can see your Total Hours thus far clocked in, as shown in Image 2.
Step 2: Once clocked in, you will be able to add the following details to your time clock, as shown in Image 3.
- Click on the notes bar to add notes.
- Click on the Tip Amount to enter the tips.
- Click the icon of Remote Sites or Positions to add remote sites or positions > Save the selected information with the Update button.
- Click Coffee Icon i.e. break button where you can pause the clock to mark a break in your shift and the timeline will keep track with a visual display.
- The time clock will show the time when the break started
- To un-mark your break, click Continue Shift.
- It will show your break on the timeline along with the total break time.
Step 3: Click Clock out tab once the shift ends, as shown in Image 4.
Clock In and Out from Dashboard
Step 1: Under Dashboard module, you can clock in and out, set position or remote site, add break or tips following the same steps explained under Clocking In and Out from Time Clock using the time clock widget, as shown in Image 5.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.