The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to mark the Humanity calendar with company & public holidays.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
Humanity allows you to mark the calendar days for public or company holidays. Holidays can be uploaded in Humanity by using the calendar URL link or file.
The option to upload a custom holidays calendar by using Google Calendar is also available.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to access and setup Public or Company Holidays.
- Make sure the calendar file link extension should be .ics or the file extension must be .iCal to import into Humanity.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Create Calendar File in Google Calendar
- Importing the Calendar via the iCal Link or File in Humanity
Create Calendar File in Google Calendar
Step 1: Go to your Google Account > Click on Google App icon at top-right corner > Select Calendar, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on the plus sign available next to Other Calendars option, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Select Create new calendar, as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Name the calendar as per the requirement, as shown in Image 4.
Note: Once created, click on the Configure option to access settings, as shown in Image 5.
Step 5: Change the access permission of the calendar to Public, as shown in Image 6.
Step 6: Click OK, as shown in Image 7.
Step 7: Add your holidays on the calendar by creating full-day events manually, as shown in Image 8.
Step 8: Once you are done, click on the more option to access the settings of New Calendar, as shown in Image 9.
Step 9: Under settings, go to the public address of this new calendar in the iCal format, as shown in Image 10.
Note: Copy the link and keep it safe.
Import Calendar via iCal Link or File in Humanity
Step 1: Go to Settings Module from the top panel and click on the Leave & Availability tab from the left-hand side, as shown in image 11.
Step 3: Click on the Drop-down icon and select Import Calendar tab from the drop-down, as shown in Image 12.
Step 5: Here, depending upon the calendar file type that you have, you have 2 options.
- iCal Link: Paste the iCal link next to ‘Calendar Url’ tab and type the calendar name next to ‘Calendar Name, as shown in Image 13.
2. Calendar File: Select the Calendar file by clicking onto the calendar file space as shown in Image 14.
Step 6: Click Submit tab, as shown in Image 15.
Note: It will populate all of the holidays on your Humanity Calendar. You can check details by going to ShiftPlanning module.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.