The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to request leave for your staff and yourself.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees.
Scheduling time off feature lets your staff request leave when they want time off. You can also request leaves on behalf of your staff.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to request leave on behalf of your staff and yourself.
- Schedulers can request leave for the positions of the staff they have access given by the manager.
- Leave module must be enabled under the ‘Settings’ module.
- The leave type should be generated under the ‘Settings’ module.
- You must assign a leave type to your employees by enabling it under their profile.
- ‘Employees can book vacations’ settings must be enabled for the staff to have access to the request leave tab.
- Part of the day option will only be visible while requesting leave if you have checked the option ‘Full and Partial Day Requests’ while creating the leave type.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Request Leave for your Staff
- Request Leave for Yourself
Request Leave for your Staff
Step 1: Click ‘Leave’ module from top-panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click ‘Request Leave’ tab from the top right side as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Select the name of the employee from the drop-down as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Select the leave type from the drop-down as shown in Image 4.
Note: Either select ‘All day’ or ‘Part of the day’ as shown in Image 5.
Step 5: Select the start and end date from the calendar as shown in Image 6.
Note: You can add comments (optional) as shown in Image 7.
Step 6: Click ‘Submit Request’ tab as shown in Image 8.
Request Leave for Yourself
Step 1: Click ‘Leave’ module from top-panel as shown in Image 9.
Step 2: Click ‘Request Leave’ tab from the top right side as shown in Image 10.
Step 3: Select the leave type from the drop-down as shown in Image 11.
Note: Either select ‘all day’ or ‘Part of the day’ as shown in Image 12.
Step 4: Select the start and end date from the calendar as shown in Image 13.
Note: You can add comments (optional) as shown in Image 14.
Step 5: Click ‘Submit Request’ tab as shown in Image 15.
This time off is not guaranteed. Management will review your request as soon as possible. You will be notified via email/SMS with their reply.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!