The objective of this tutorial is to give you an overview of the dashboard widget - Time Clock under the ‘Dashboard’ module and how to use it to clock in and out.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Manager, Supervisors, Schedulers, Employees
‘Time Clock’ shows as a widget under the Dashboard module allows your staff members to clock in and out making sure that your staff came and worked for the hours they were scheduled for as shown in Image 1.
Once you click 'Clock in' you will see the time clock 'Timeline' where you will see a timeline of your shift from clock-in to clock-out as shown in the Image below:
Employees will be able to use and have access to the information below according to the settings set by the Manager.
- Remote Site
- Coffee Icon
Additional features related to Clock-in and Clock-out:
- Capture the location of your staff when they are clocking in or out by enabling GPS.
- Allowing the employees to use a webcam when they clock in and out by enabling webcam settings.
- Lock time-clocking to specific locations using a device, IP address or terminals.
- Allowing employees to notify their managers that they have left their homes and are on their way to the job by enabling pre-clock in option.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor, scheduler and employee access privileges in Humanity to clock in and out and use the related features.
- ‘Time Clock’ module must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module.
- Time clock widget visibility must be enabled under ‘Manage Widgets’ for an individual account.
- “Restrict Employees From Clocking In/Out” should be disabled to give access for clocking in and out to your staff.
- Break button and time clock tips must be enabled from the ‘Settings’ module to give access to your staff to mark their breaks or add tips while clocking in and out.
- Managers can enable settings to make it mandatory for your staff to add notes, set position or set remote sites.
Clock In and Out from Time Clock Widget
Step 1: Click the ‘Dashboard’ module as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click ‘Clock in’ tab once the shift begins and the active clock will start as shown in Image 2.
Note: At the top, you will be able to view the date and time and below that, you can see your 'Total Hours' thus far clocked in as shown in Image 3.
Step 3: Either click on the notes bar to add notes or add tips as shown in Image 4.
Step 4: Click the icon of remote sites or positions as shown in Image 5.
Step 5: You can use the 'Arrow' icon where you can either select/change your mid-shift 'Position' or select ‘Remote Sites’ as shown in Image 6.
Step 6: Click ‘Update’ to add the position or remote site as shown in Image 7.
Step 7: Click ‘Coffee Icon' i.e. break button where you can pause the clock to mark a break in your shift and the timeline will keep track with a visual display as shown in Image 8.
Note: It will show the time when the break started as shown in Image 9.
Step 8: Click ‘Continue Shift’ to un-mark your break as shown in Image 10.
Note: It will show your break on the timeline along with the total break time as shown in Image 11.
Step 9: Click ‘Clock out’ tab once the shift ends as shown in Image 12.
Staff members can also use a webcam while clocking in and out through time clock widget as per the settings defined by the manager.
For more information about clocking in/out using webcam via time clock widget, go to ‘Clock In/Out using Webcam’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!