The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to approve the worked hours of a shift against scheduled hours using shift approval feature.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
Shift Approvals allows you the ability to approve shifts that have already happened. You can approve entire shifts at once by selecting the 'checkbox' or you can click on the shift itself to adjust per employee times, absent etc.
Note: Put simply, a manual attendance process to track the worked hours, late and absenteeism (when you are not using the powerful ‘Time Clock’ feature that can automate this process).
Shift approval notification will appear on the Dashboard Notification Panel as a widget when there are shifts that are pending for approval.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to approve the shift.
- Schedulers can only approve the shifts of the employees according to the permission given for the positions.
- You can approve, un-approve or make changes to the shifts only in the past.
Step 1: Click ‘Dashboard’ module as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click ‘Shift Approvals’ widget on the dashboard notification panel as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Check the box next to the shift details to approve it as shown in Image 3.
- You can approve entire shifts at once by selecting the 'checkbox' next to approve all shifts as shown in Image 4.
2. You can also filter the shifts for approving by position and employee as shown in Image 5.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!