The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to acknowledge future shifts they are scheduled on.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees
- Acknowledging a shift means that the employee is ready to take that shift.
- Un-acknowledging a shift means that the employee is unable to take that shift.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor, scheduler and employees access privileges to acknowledge future shifts.
- Shift acknowledgement settings need to be enabled by the manager.
For more information to enable shift acknowledgement, go to ‘Enabling Shift Acknowledgement.’
- Being the manager you will receive notifications for unacknowledged shifts only.
For more information to set reminders for unacknowledged shifts, go to ‘Unacknowledged Shift Reminders Settings’
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Acknowledging Shift via ShiftPlanning
- Acknowledging Shift via Dashboard
- Bulk Shift Acknowledgement
Acknowledging Shift via ShiftPlanning
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ module as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Select ‘My Schedule’ from the left-hand side filter panel as shown in Image 2.
- You will have a pop-up message of “go to shift acknowledgement page” as shown in Image 3 redirecting to the ‘Dashboard’ module.
2. Click ‘Close’ if you want to be on the ShiftPlanning Module Page as shown in Image 4.
Step 3: Click ‘Acknowledge shifts’ from the top right corner as shown in Image 5.
Note: Only shifts under your selected timeline will be acknowledged so make sure you are in the right timeline.
Step 4: Click on the interested shift, either select ‘I can attend’ or ‘I can’t attend’ under shift acknowledgement; provide the reason and click save as shown in Image 6.
Acknowledging Shift via Dashboard
Step 1: Click ‘Dashboard’ module as shown in Image 7.
Step 2: Click ‘Acknowledge Shifts’ widget from the dashboard notification panel as shown in Image 8.
Step 3: Either select ‘I can attend’ or ‘I cannot attend’ by providing a reason as shown in Image 9.
- You can select the timeline as shown in Image 10 to acknowledge shifts for a specific time.
2. You can use the filter to select a specific position and click ‘Apply’ as shown in Image 11.
Step 4: Click ‘Submit’ as shown in Image 12.
Bulk Shift Acknowledgement
Step 1: Click ‘Dashboard’ module as shown in Image 13.
Step 2: Click ‘Acknowledge Shifts’ widget from the dashboard notification panel as shown in Image 14.
Step 3: Either select ‘I can attend all of the shifts’ or ‘I cannot attend any of the shifts’ by providing a reason as shown in Image 15.
Note: You can select the timeline to acknowledge shifts for a specific time and use the filter to select a specific position and click ‘Apply’ as shown in Image 16.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!