The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to view forecast/hour graph.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
Forecast feature allows you to know the exact number of employees you need to schedule per hour. This feature helps you create system assisted shifts to ensure that you never go over/understaffed.
Take the guesswork out of building your shift structure. This feature quickly parses through your organization’s multiple demand drivers such as sales, business hours and budget.
To use the Forecast Import feature, simply import the data associated with demand using either Excel/CSV files.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to view forecast/hour graph.
- You must have a manager/admin and supervisor access privileges to edit forecast/hour graph.
- You can only enter/edit workload/work unit values under day and 1 week mode only and different views.
- You have to create custom forecast and rules under the Settings Module to view the forecast graph.
For more information about settings value for forecast, go to ‘Create Custom Forecast and Rules.’
- You need to enter the expected workload/work unit per hour for evaluating the forecast.
Note: You do not need to Edit/Enter the Workload/Work unit under this chart if you are using the data integration method for the forecast.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Enter Expected Workload/Work Unit
- View Forecast/Hour Graph
- Determine Over/Under Scheduling
Enter Expected Workload/Work Unit
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ module as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Select forecast from the drop-down menu as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: After selecting the forecast, click ‘Edit’ to enter the expected workload/work unit per hour as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click ‘Save’ as shown in Image 4.
View Forecast/Hour Graph
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ module as shown in Image 5.
Note: Select Day/Week mode and different views according to your business requirement.
Step 2: Select the forecast from the drop-down menu as shown in Image 6.
Now, you will notice that the hourly graph will begin to show the expected workload vs scheduled shifts.
Determine Over/Under Scheduling
Humanity’s rule-based scheduling features make it easy for schedulers to determine whether they are over or understaffed at any time of the day. This helps maximize efficiency and increase productivity.
- Red Line VS Blue Graph: If your blue graph is above the red line it means you have scheduled more employees than required and if it is below the red line it means you have scheduled less employees than required.
- Pink Highlighted Colour: Shows the under/overstaffed hours.
- Green Highlighted Colour: Shows that the time slot is covered as required.
Import forecast data
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ module from the top-panel as shown in Image 7.
Step 2: Click the arrow icon and select ‘Import Forecast’ as shown in Image 8.
Step 3: Select a previously created forecast rule from the drop-down as shown in Image 9.
Note: The document needs to be formatted properly, with the column headers named ‘Period’ and ‘Value’.
It is case sensitive ‘Period’ and ‘Value’ should have the initial letter capital i.e.(‘P’ and ‘V’).
- The ‘Period’ column should contain a date and time for respective forecast data.
- The ‘Value’ column should contain integer values only, equal to or larger than zero.
Step 4: Click ‘Browse files’ tab to find your document as shown in Image 10.
Step 5: Select the file and click ‘Open’ to upload the file as shown in Image 11.
Step 6: Click ‘Import data’ tab as shown in Image 12.
Step 7: Click ‘Exit import’ once you have completed importing data as shown in Image 10.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!