The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand various functionalities under Schedule Actions drop-down.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees with Scheduler Permission
You can use schedule action drop-down powerful actions if you wish to perform any actions after creating the schedules for your employees.
Things to know before you begin:
You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to use schedule actions drop-down functions.
Schedule Action Details
Functions of 'Schedule Actions' drop-down menu:
- Print and Save
- Copy Schedule
- Schedule Wizard
- Import Schedule
- Schedule Sync
- Clear Schedule
- Enable Ghost Shift
- Show Budget Mode
- Show Forecast/Hour graph
- Show New/Old Shift Creation
Print and Save
Using this you can save or print schedules. The print views try to mirror the actual schedule in style, format and the information displayed as much as possible. It will also respect the actual schedule filters upon printing.
Listed below are the printing options panel available on the left to adjust the settings before printing out.
Copies one past section of the schedule, whether a day, week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks or month, to a future date. In essence, the past schedule can be used as a template to copy shifts into a future date which then can be adjusted as required.
There are two ways to copy shifts:
- Copy shift times only
- Copy shift times and employee assignments
The schedule wizard allows you to select a past timeline to use as a template to auto-fill with new staff assignments. When generating your new schedule we'll run the auto-fill against our extensive conflict avoidance system to eliminate as many conflicts as possible.
- Use existing staff - Only replace when a conflict is found.
- Replace all staff with new assignments - Obeys conflict checks.
- Randomize staff assignments - Disobeys conflict checks.
- If no staff are available to schedule conflicts if needed to fill shifts.
After the wizard is finished you will have the ability to view any empty shifts and fill them in as needed.
By using the schedule import tool you can quickly parse out schedules, employees and shifts from your offline schedule in .csv or .xlsx format.
There are two accepted formats as shown below in Image _ and _:
Below Are The Accepted Date Formats:
» month/day/year -> 10/18/2018
» day-month-year -> 18-10-2018
» month day, year -> Oct 18, 2018
Schedule Upload Limitations:
- Any column of the uploadable spreadsheet must not contain the following characters in order to upload the schedule
- Extra or double spaces
- The extra space character in the end
- Any special character e.g., (ä/ä, ö/ö, ü/ü) etc.
- Character 160 - non-breaking spaces (usually comes when data is copied from a web page)
Important Steps To Follow:
- Make sure that there’s no deviation in spellings in Name and Position columns, in excel, as compared with the data in the account.
- The date format must be 12 Hrs., both in excel file and in the account. In account date format could be changed by going to the Settings tab -> Time Format
- There must not be any completely empty rows in the spreadsheet.
Humanity provides convenient iCal sync URLs which allow you to easily sync your Humanity schedule(s) alongside your other events in applications like iCal, Google Calendar, or on your mobile devices.
How often does the calendar sync take place?
Calendar applications typically fetch the Humanity schedule on a regular interval. Each calendar client has different options for how often they will re-fetch the calendar (from a few minutes to hours) while some clients such as Google Calendar, does not allow for users to select the frequency.
When you first set up 'Schedule Sync' with Google Calendar, it will fetch your schedule as it sits currently. Google will continue to pull your data from Humanity but we are uninformed as to what interval it takes place.
You can easily clear entire views of your calendar schedule with a clear schedule feature. Make sure you are in the right 'view' that shows the shifts that you want to delete.
- If you are in the 'Day' view it will delete all the shifts in that day.
- If you are in the 'Week' view it will delete all shifts in that week.
- If you are in the 2 Week or 4 Week view it will delete all shifts created for those 2 or 4 weeks which are being displayed.
Ghost Shift gives the ability to view the shifts of an employee working at multiple locations in one filtered location view. For the managers/owners, they can easily avoid conflicts by making the shifts from all the locations visible in one filtered view.
‘Budget’ mode allows you to easily manage and stay within your budgets in real time as your schedule. This has been highly requested as it is an extremely powerful feature that clearly shows when you are under budget or over budget in a daily, weekly or monthly mode and with the 'Budget Report' you have a complete view of your budgeting and what to do about it.
Forecast feature allows you to know the exact number of employees you need to schedule per hour. This feature helps you create System assisted shifts to ensure that you never go over/understaffed.
Forecasting Fields Explained:
- Name: Set the name of the forecast.
- Unique ID: That is required for the integration purpose.
(If you are using manual data input, you can leave it empty)
- Description: Set the Forecast description.
(It is helpful when you have more than one forecasts added)
- For every: The value under this field represents the Work Unit/Workload per hour.
(Setting the Value “1” means you are asking the system to expect “1” Work unit/Workload per hour).
- We need: The value under this field represents the number of employees you need to cover each work unit/workload per hour which you have set under “For Every” field.
(Setting the value “1” means you need 1 employee to cover the set value of work unit/workload under “For Every”) field.
- Threshold: This value defines the number of employees (excess/short) you want the system to ignore.
(Setting the value “1” under this field would tell the system to ignore highlighting the (over/under staffing) if there is 1 employee in excess or short for a particular hour.
New Shift Creation Experience
To enable the new shift creation experience, click on the 'Schedule Action' icon located next to the Publish button and click on 'Show New Shift Creation'. This has been redesigned, in hopes of making it easier and faster for you to create a work shift than ever before.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!