The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to easily manage and stay within your budgets in real time as your schedule.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers and Supervisors
Humanity's in-line ‘Budget’ mode shows when you are under budget or over budget in a daily, weekly or month view and with the 'Budget Report' you have a complete view or your budgeting and what to do about it.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to use budget mode option from the drop-down.
- You can navigate the schedule to different dates by clicking the arrows found at top mid of the app.
- You can view the budget mode under different views but only under 1-week mode with the help of the icons listed on the top right and left-hand side.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- View and Edit Budget Mode
- Representation of Budget Mode
View and Edit Budget Mode
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ module as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Select ‘Schedule Overview’ from the left-hand side filter panel as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click ‘Show Budget Mode’ from the schedule action drop-down as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click the pencil icon to insert or edit budget details as shown in Image 4.
- You can type add daily and weekly hours along with budget data.
- You can click the pencil icon again to show/hide the budget values.
- Red colored values mean you are over budget as shown in Image 5.
Representation of Budget Mode Data
A) Representation of Budget Mode Data in a Day View
- In the ‘Day’ view, it shows your 'Actual' hours or how many employees are scheduled by the hour. Also, by cash amount you can identify whether you’re under or overstaffed in those hours.
- To the left, you have your total daily 'Actual' hours scheduled over your set 'Budget' hours and the cash amount.
- The 'Cost' is taking the 'Scheduled Hours' and adds up how much you are paying each staff member and calculates the correct total.
B) Representation of Budget Mode Data in a Week View
In the ‘Week’ view, the ‘Budget’ window appears at the bottom of the page where you can see your set ‘Budget’ hour totals (clock icon) against your 'Actual' hours: how much you actually have on the schedule for the week or for each day.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!