The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to assign or remove skill(s) on shift which will narrow down the staff list accordingly.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
By default, there are no skills assigned on shift and all employees are eligible for the assignment.
However, this feature enables users to attribute skill(s) required for a shift and filter employees based on their skill sets. When skills are set up as a condition for the assignment, only employees with the required skill set will be available to pick up the shift.
Remove the skill(s) assign to a shift, re-assign employee(s) from the list of available employee and re-publish the shift.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to assign or remove required skill(s) on shift.
- Skill(s) must be added under Staff module to be reflected in the shift.
- ‘Required skill on shift’ must be enabled under Settings.
- The user can add one or multiple skills, however, employees will be narrowed down as per your selected settings between 'ANY' or 'ALL' from the drop-down next to required skills settings.
For more information about enabling required skills settings, go to 'Settings to Enable Required Skills on Shift'
- Skill(s) must be added to the shift and assigned to employee(s) for it to be removed.
- Removing skill from an account will have no impact on previously created shifts.
- Enabling required skill per shift will disable current filter by skill feature on Shift Edit Window (SEW).
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Assign Skill(s) on Shift
- Remove Skill(s) on Shift
Assign Skill(s) on Shift
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ tab from the top-panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Select the filters from the left-hand side according to your need > Create an empty shift or click on desired existing shift to open shift edit window (SEW) as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click ‘Required skill(s)’, on the left-hand side of SEW > Choose the skill(s) required for the shift > Click ‘Back to Shift’ as shown in Image 3.
- Employees will be automatically narrowed down as per your selected settings between 'ANY' or 'ALL' from the drop-down next to required skills settings.
ANY: Employee needs to have at least one of the specified skills to be assigned to the shift.
ALL: Employee needs to have all of the specified skills to be assigned to the shift
- All employees with required skills will be displayed, either as available or grouped by the schedule conflict.
Step 4: Select the employee(s) > Click ‘Save & Close’ to assign the employee as shown in Image 4.
Note: You must publish or re-publish an existing shift once the changes are made to notify your staff.
Remove Skill(s) on Shift
Step 1: Click ‘Required skill(s)’, on the left-hand side of SEW > Uncheck one of the pre-selected skill(s) > Click ‘Back to Shift’ tab to remove the required skills as shown in Image 5.
Note: Employees without previously required skill(s) will be added to the list automatically.
Step 2: Re-assign employee(s) > Click 'Save & Close' tab to confirm the modifications as shown in Image 6.
Note: You must re-publish the shift(s) once the changes are made for notifying the changes to your employees.
- Settings to Enable 'Required Skill on Shift'
- Auto-fill Shift based on the Skill(s)
- Trade and Release Shifts based on Skill(s)
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!