The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how you can trade a shift (swap shifts) with one of your coworkers.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees
If you're unable to work one of your shifts, you can trade the shift (swap shifts) with one of your coworkers.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisors, schedulers and employee access privileges to trade a shift with your co-workers.
- 'Employees can trade shifts' must be enabled under the ‘Settings’ module to give access to your staff for this feature.
- Manager approval is required for shift trade which may delay how quickly a shift is offered to your coworkers.
- When you create a trade, the shift is still your responsibility until it is picked up by one of your coworkers.
- You will receive a notification via Email and SMS.
Step 1: Go to 'ShiftPlanning' Module from the top-panel > Click 'My Schedule' from the filter panel on the left-hand side > Click on the shift that you want to trade as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click the 'Can't Work' tab from the right-hand side > Select the 'Trade Shift' tab as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Type the reason > Click the 'Continue' tab as shown in Image 3.
Note: Employees must always provide a reason in the box for each trade request. This way, both management and the potential covers will understand the reason behind the request.
Step 4: Select an employee from the list or use search bar if you have a particular coworker in mind who could potentially be able to pick up that shift > Click 'Send Request for 1 employee(s)' tab as shown in Image 4.
That's it! Once you send the request, you will receive a notification detailing the further steps of the trade process.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!