The objective of this tutorial is to show you how to release a shift for others to pick up.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employee
If you're unable to work one of your shifts, you can release the shift so the other employees can pick it up leaving it up to the manager to decide whom they would like to assign the shift.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisors, schedulers and employee access privileges to release a shift.
- 'Employees can release shifts' must be enabled under the ‘Settings’ module to give access to your staff for this feature.
- It is up to the manager to approve or reject the request.
- Employees must always provide a reason for each release request.
- You can only view potential covers who will be in the same position as yours.
- You will also be able to choose staff members who are unavailable as a potential cover when requesting a shift release.
- More than one potential cover can be selected.
- You will receive notifications via Email and SMS.
Step 1: Click 'ShiftPlanning' Module from the top-panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click 'My Schedule' from the Filter Panel on the left-hand side as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click on the desired shift that you want to release, shift details will start appearing on the right-hand side. Click the 'Can't Work' tab from the right-hand side and select the ‘Release Shift’ tab as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Enter the reason and click 'Continue' tab after entering the reason for your request as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Select an employee or employees from the list or use search bar if you have a particular coworker in mind who could potentially be able to pick up that shift as shown in Image 5.
Note: You may also select all available employees from the tab 'Select All Available' as shown in Image 6.
Step 6: Click 'Send Request for employee(s)’ as shown in Image 7.
That's it! Once you send the request, you will receive a notification detailing the further steps of the release process.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!