The objective of this tutorial is to show you how to Accept/Approve Shift Trade Request.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers
After you receive the notification of a shift trade, it will be your responsibility to accept shift trade requests.
Things to know before you begin:
- Being a Manager/Supervisor, you will not receive email/SMS notification, if you have assigned a 'Scheduler' permission to that position from which employee is requesting shift trade.
- You all can view and manage shift trade requests by 'Managing Shift Trade' widget on the Dashboard Notification Panel as well as via email/SMS as per your defined settings under the settings module.
- Managers need to click on each individual request to see the details of each.
- The Humanity conflict checker is also featured in the sidebar, letting managers know for which potential cover a conflict would be created if they were to assign the shift to that person. If no conflict is present, there will be a check mark next to that employee’s name.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
Approving Shift Trade Requests
- Manager Approval Before Requests Are Sent To Other Employees
- Manager Approval After Potential Cover Requests To Pick It Up
Manager Approval Process
In this case, let’s suppose that the manager has set up the process so that Manager must confirm shift trades and releases before requests are sent to other employees and also Manager must confirm shift trades and releases after another employee requests to pick it up.
Approving Shift Trade Requests
Manager Approval Before Requests are sent to Other Employees:
Step 1: Go to the 'Dashboard' Module, click 'Manage Shift Trades' widget from the dashboard widget panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click 'Would like to trade this shift' to review it and decide if you want to let the request pass to other employees as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Choose and Check the boxes next to the names of potential covers given by the initiator of the shift trade request as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click 'Accept' tab as shown in Image 4.
- Once the manager has approved the initial trade request, an email/SMS is sent to the employee chosen as potential cover.
- The potential cover will also be notified on the dashboard notification panel under shift trades/pickup available, after which they can view the shift details and decide whether they want to accept or reject it.
For More Information about how to accept Shift Trade as a potential cover, go to the'Process to Pickup a Trade Shift'
Manager Approval After Potential Cover Requests to Pick It Up:
Step 1: Go to the 'Dashboard' Module, click 'Manage Shift Trades' widget from the dashboard widget panel as shown in Image 5.
Step 2: Click 'Would like to trade this shift' to review it and decide if you want to let the request pass to other employees as shown in Image 6.
Step 3: Choose and Check the box next to the name of the employee who accepted it and will be covering the shift as shown in Image 7.
Note: If the employee accepted it, ‘Accepted’ will be written in green otherwise ‘Rejected’ will be written in Red.
Step 4: Click 'Accept' tab as shown in Image 8.
That's it, the request will be accepted and confirmation will be sent to the employee/s.
- If the manager accepts the request, both employees involved in the trade and pickup process will be notified and the schedule will be altered to reflect these changes.
- Procedure and notification of approval and pickup requests will vary according to the settings the manager have defined for Shift Trade.
For more information about customizing the approval process, go to 'Customizing the Approval Process for Shift Trade.'
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!