The objective of this tutorial is to show you how to drop a shift for others to pick up.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees
If you’re unable to work one of your shifts, you can drop your shift to let your manager know and get it reassigned to one of your coworkers.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisors, schedulers and employee access privileges to drop a shift.
- 'Employees can drop shifts' must be enabled under the ‘Settings’ module.
- Dropping the shift does not require any approval from, however, a notification is sent to the management to notify them.
- A notification is sent once an individual drops a shift to the scheduler if he/she is assigned to that position, otherwise, manager and supervisor receive the notification alert.
- Notification is sent via Email or SMS.
- You can’t undo the action if you have confirmed dropping the shift.
Drop a Shift
Step 1: Click 'ShiftPlanning' module from the top panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on ‘My Schedule’ from Filters Tab on the left-hand side as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click the 'Shift' that you would like to 'Drop' as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click ‘Can’t work’ from Shift Details Panel from the bottom right as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Click on ‘Drop Shift’ as shown in Image 5.
Step 6: Click ‘Confirm Drop’ as shown in Image 6.
That’s it, your request has been sent as shown in Image 7.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!