The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to submit work units values if your manager has given you permission to do so.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers, Employees
Employees can submit the worked units on a shift that they are paid in addition to an hourly wage rate.
Things to know before you begin:
- To let your employees add work units, your manager needs to enable the settings to ’Enable employees to add work units.' For more information about how to let your employees add work units, go to ‘Settings for Work Units.’
- Staff can also submit the work units from their ‘Dashboard’ by clicking the widget ‘Submit Work Unit.’
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Submit ‘Worked’ Work Units via Shift
- Submit ‘Worked’ Work Units via Widget
Submit ‘Worked’ Work Units via Shift
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ tab from the top panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Select ‘My Schedule’ from the filter panel as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click on an existing desired shift where you want to submit work units as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click ‘Edit’ under Work Units from the right side panel as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Click on your name as shown in Image 5.
Step 6: Type the ‘Worked’ work units values as shown in Image 6.
Step 7: Click ‘Save’ as shown in Image 7 and you will be able to view a pop-up message, work units updated.
Submit ‘Worked’ Work Units via Widget
Step 1: Click ‘Dashboard’ tab from the top panel as shown in Image 8.
Step 2: Click ‘Submit Work Units’ from the left side panel as shown in Image 9.
Step 3: Type the work units value in the box as shown in Image 10.
KEY describing work units status:
- Green: Approved work units
- Yellow: Request has been sent
- n/a: Not available
Step 4: Click ‘Save’ as shown in Image 11.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!