The objective of this tutorial is to show you a detailed overview of Humanity’s integration with Dayforce along with instructions for setting up and activating the integration.
Dayforce is an industry-leading, online human capital management platform that provides HR, payroll, talent management and many more modern workforce management solutions.
This document will provide you with a detailed overview of Humanity’s integration with Dayforce along with instructions for setting up and activating the integration.
Things to know before you begin:
- The integration currently supports a one-way sync from Dayforce to Humanity, meaning that data from Dayforce will be synced to Humanity. Syncing Humanity data to Dayforce is not available at this point.
- Employee details will be synced from Dayforce to Humanity. The sync is automatically triggered every full hour (i.e. at 11 am, at 12 am, at 1 pm, etc.).
Employee Data Synchronization
- Employees are synced from Dayforce to Humanity as users with “employee” permissions.
- Upon the initial sync, humanity will automatically create accounts for all employees that don’t have a humanity account.
- You can activate all inactive users' accounts at once by accessing Staff module, ‘Not Activated’ employees from the left side panel and choosing one of the available options - ‘Send Activation Email Now’ or ‘Manually Activate All’. You can also activate one by one account by accessing employee's profile within Staff module and choosing one of the available options in ‘Admin Actions’ section
- The employee match during the initial sync will be the employee’s email address. Email address matching is not case sensitive.
Employee data that will be synced from Dayforce to Humanity:
- First Name
- Display Name
- Home Phone
- Employee ID
- Last Name
- Mobile Phone
- The sync first retrieves the list of XRefCode-s (ID-s) of employees in Dayforce and after that, initiates a one-by-one request for every single XRefCode to get details for the specific employee.
- Email sync: Integration will first search for a business email in Dayforce and if there is not one set, it will search for a personal email to sync to Humanity.
- Mobile phone sync: The integration will first search for a Business Mobile in Dayforce. If one is not found, it will look for a Business Phone in Dayforce. If neither is available, it will look for a Mobile Phone in Dayforce to sync to Humanity.
- If the Business Mobile/Business Phone/Mobile Phone for an employee in Dayforce has less than 7 digits, that employee won’t be synced to Humanity.
The integration will recognize and synchronize the data upon the following actions:
- Employee created in Dayforce
- Employee updated in Dayforce
- Employee terminated in Dayforce
- Change of the email address of the administrator user which activated the integration will result in integration deactivation.
- The initial sync will cover employees who have Active or Prestart status in Dayforce.
- An employee status change (i.e. active, terminated) in Dayforce will be visible in Humanity on the effective date of the change. In addition, based on the Effective Starting Point of Day setting in Dayforce (HR Admin=>Status), the change will be visible at Start of Day or End of Day.
- Applies to the initial sync: If the employee does not have an email address in Dayforce but has one in Humanity, duplicates might appear after the sync is done. This means that, in Humanity, you will see two employees with the identical first and last name but one will have an email address and the other will not. In order to avoid duplicates, please make sure that each employee has an email address in Dayforce.
- Applies to all syncs except initial sync: If the employee does not have the same email address in both Dayforce and Humanity, the sync will override the email address in Humanity with the address set in Dayforce.
- If an employee is deactivated and later reactivated in Dayforce, that employee will be reactivated in Humanity as well.
- If email addresses in your Dayforce testing sandbox account disappear after you enter and save them, please note that this is due to a script running in the background that “removes” the email addresses for employees once saved. This is to ensure that emails aren’t accidentally sent from the testing environments. If you encounter this behaviour on your Dayforce testing sandbox, please submit a ticket to Dayforce support requesting the script be temporarily removed during testing and then turned on once testing is complete.
To activate Humanity’s integration with Dayforce and enable data synchronization, you need to:
- Have active Humanity and Dayforce accounts with full administrator permissions.
- Set a Dayforce Web Services Password Policy dedicated solely to this integration (i.e. named Humanity Integration Password Policy) in a way in which the password never expires. Setup Instructions:
a) Navigate to System Admin => Password Policy => Web Services
b) Set Maximum Age setting to value ‘0’ (or leave the value blank)
- Create a Dayforce Web Services Role and User with the minimum set of needed permissions - dedicated solely to this integration (i.e. named Humanity Integration Role and Humanity Integration User).
Customer setup within Dayforce should be conducted in the following order:
- Integration Password Policy - Instructions for setup are in the previous paragraph (point 2).
- Integration Role - Instructions for setup are in the Dayforce Web Services Role Creation section.
- Integration User - Instructions for setup are in the Dayforce Web Services User Creation and Dayforce Web Services User to Role Tying sections.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Dayforce Web Services Role Creation
- Dayforce Web Services User Creation
- Dayforce Web Services User to Role Tying
- Integration Setup Instructions
Dayforce Web Services Role Creation
After setting up the Dayforce Web Services Password Policy according to the instructions in the first paragraph (point 2.) of the previous chapter, create a Role (that will be later associated with a User) following these instructions:
Step 1: Navigate to the top left menu on the homepage and go to System Admin => Roles as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on 'New' button in the top navigation bar and define the role Name in the 'Properties' section as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: In the Features section, which defines the functionalities available to the role, select as shown in Image 3:
a) HCM Anywhere
b) Web Services (Under HCM Anywhere) and its sub-functionalists Explorer and Read Data
c) Home and all its sub-functionalities
Step 4: In the Authorizations section, select 'Can Read' permission for as shown in Image 4.
- Employees Contact Information
- Employees Contact Information - Business
- Employees Contact Information - Personal
- Employee Number
- Employee Own Contact Information
- Employee Own Contact Information - Business
- Employee Own Contact Information - Personal
- Employee Personal Information
- Employee Personal Information XrefCode
- Employee Preference Information
- Employee Profile - Confidential Information - Confidential Identifications
- Employee Status Information
Step 5: In the Web Services Field-Level Access section, select the following data elements under RESTful Services for Employee mode as shown in the Images below:
- ContactInformationType and all its sub-elements
- Country and all its sub-elements
- ContactInformationType and all its sub-elements
- Country and all its sub-elements
Step 6: After setting all permissions for the specific Role, click on Save.
Dayforce Web Services User Creation
After creating a Dayforce Web Services Role, the next step is to create a user by following the instructionsbelow:
Step 1: Log in to your administrator Dayforce account
Step 2: In the top left menu, go to System Admin => User as shown in Image 5.
Step 3: Click on the 'New' button in the top navigation bar and then define User Name, Culture, Password for the user and click on the 'Approved' checkbox in order to activate the user as shown in Image 6.
Step 4: Navigate to the Location Access section and click on the 'Add Location' button to associate the Location to the User you created. From the drop-down menu, choose the Location with the highest organization level and mark it as Primary. Click on Save as shown in Image 7.
Step 5: From the drop-down menu, choose the Location with the highest organization level and mark it as ‘Primary’ as shown in Image 12 and click ‘Save' as shown in Image 8.
Dayforce Web Services User to Role Tying
After creating a User and Role with the above-mentioned permissions, you need to tie the Role to the User. In order to do that:
Step 1: Navigate to the top left-menu on the homepage and go to System Admin => User.
Step 2: Find the User you previously created and click on Add User Role as shown in Image 9.
Step 3: Click on the empty blue field in the User Roles* column and the drop-down menu with available Roles will appear as shown in Image 10.
Step 4: Choose the Role you created with permissions according to the instructions in the previous section and click on Save.
Integration Setup Instructions
Integration Activation (Authentication)
Note: Please contact Humanity’s Support team at email@example.com to activate the Integrations module for your account.
After ensuring the module is active, please follow the described activation steps:
Step 1: Log in to your Humanity account and go to the Settings gear in the upper right corner as shown in Image 11.
Step 2: Choose the 'Integrations' module listed in the Integration section on the left side panel as shown in Image 12.
Step 3: Choose Dayforce integration from the Integrations main page and click on the 'Enable' button you see on the next page as shown in Image 13.
Step 4: A pop-up will appear and you will be asked to enter a username, password and your company’s Dayforce subdomain as shown in Image 14.
Step 5: Authentication between the two apps is completed and the integration is activated as shown in Image 15.
Employee Data Sync Activation
Before you enable Employee sync via the Dayforce integration page in Humanity, please make sure that each employee under your Dayforce account has First Name, Last Name, Business/Personal Email, Business Mobile and Status defined.
To Activate the Employee Data Sync:
Step 1: Click on the 'Employee sync' checkbox located in the Dayforce integration page’s Resource setup section and Click 'Save' as shown in Image 16.
- Once employee sync is activated, the initial employee data sync begins immediately.
- You will receive a notification email upon initial sync successful completion (applicable only if your Humanity admin account email is confirmed).
In the ‘Sync History’ of Humanity’s Dayforce integration page, you will find useful information about completed Employee data synchronization.
To access ‘Sync History’ click on ‘View Sync History’ as shown in the picture below.
To view more records on the page click ‘Show More’ and to close it click ‘Hide Sync History’ as shown in the image below.
Information that the Sync History table contains are:
- Sync ID - the unique identifier of each completed synchronization event
- Time Started - time when the specific synchronization started
- Time Taken - the duration of the data synchronization
- Resource - implies which data were synchronized (value can be ‘Employee’)
- Actions - implies the actions performed on data in Dayforce upon which integration synchronized the changes (value can be ‘Create’, ‘Update’ or ‘Delete’)
- Status - implies whether synchronization is completed without (green check mark) or with errors (red exclamation mark)
All the above-mentioned data you will see in the picture below.
By clicking on ‘Status’ icon along to every ‘Action’ you can check how many records are successfully synchronized and how many of records failed to by synchronized from Dayforce to Humanity. Please see the example in the image below.
For the records which failed to be synchronized, you will have the insight due to which error synchronization failed. Please see the example in the image below.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!