To configure OneLogin to sign in users into Humanity using SAML, follow those steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for Humanity. Click Add.
- In the Add Humanity screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Type your Humanity subdomain into the Subdomain field within the Configuration tab.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the Issuer URL to the clipboard for use in Humanity later. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default User ID value of email or something equivalent to email to use as the Humanity credential.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to Humanity
In Humanity, do the following:
- From the left ribbon click Settings icon, then within the panel select Single Sign-On.
- Enable SAML SSO by checking SAML Enabled.
- If you would like to force users to use SAML SSO instead logging in at Humanity by typing in the user and password, do not check Allow Password Login.
- Complete the fields Remote Logout URL as shown above (i.e. https://app.onelogin.com/client/apps).
- In the field SAML Issuer URL, paste the SAML Issuer URL you previously copied into your clipboard.
- In OneLogin, click Security the SAML and copy the x.509 certificate, including the Begin and End portions. Paste that into the field X.509 Certificate in Humanity.
- Enable SAML SSO by checking Enable SAMLv2 Single Sign On.
- Click Save Settings to save the setting.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of Humanity.
- Click the Humanity icon on your dashboard. This should log you into Humanity.
If you're not using the same User ID in Humanity as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the Humanity application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- To use a different user ID with Humanity, type it in the User ID field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the Humanity icon.