The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to sync schedule.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
Humanity provides convenient iCal sync URLs which allow you to easily sync your Humanity schedule(s) alongside your other events in applications like iCal, Google Calendar, or on your mobile devices.
Things to know before you begin:
- Calendar applications typically fetch the Humanity schedule on a regular interval. Each calendar client has different options for how often they will re-fetch the calendar (from a few minutes to hours) while some clients such as Google Calendar, does not allow for users to select the frequency.
- When you first set up 'Schedule Sync' with Google Calendar, it will fetch your schedule as it sits currently. Google will continue to pull your data from Humanity but we are uninformed as to what interval it takes place.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Schedule Sync
- Setup The Calendar Client
- iPhone & iPod Touch
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ tab from the top panel as shown in Image 1.
Note: Select the ‘Filter’ or ‘Advanced filters’ from the left-hand side according to your requirements.
Step 2: To sync the schedule, click ‘Schedule Sync’ option from the top right downward arrow icon as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click on the orange RSS feed icon next to the schedule that you would like to sync on the left as shown in Image 3.
Note: To view a tutorial on how to setup & use the calendar sync, click ‘Click Here’ as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Clicking on the RSS feed icon will bring up their unique 'Schedule Sync URL', copy the sync URL as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Once you have their 'Schedule Sync URL,' you need to configure that with your mail client.
Setup The Calendar Client
Here are a few links for how to do that in a few of the most popular clients:
- Apple iCal - Auto-Refresh Option to Every Hour - Here follow the instructions but use the ShiftPlanning URL instead of the Google one.
- Google Calendar - Very Slow to update
- Yahoo Calendar
- Mozilla Sunbird
iPhone & iPod Touch
The easiest way for staff to sync ShiftPlanning's schedule to their iPhone or iPod touch is for them to simply e-mail the URL so that it can be opened on the iPhone or iPod. Once you click on the link from their device, it will automatically ask you if you want to subscribe to the calendar.
Alternatively, from an iPhone, you can go to:
- "Settings" from the main screen
- Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Select “Add Account…”
- Select "Other"
- Select "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- Enter the ShiftPlanning 'Schedule Sync URL'
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!